Thursday, February 25, 2010

Data Visuals at Their Best: the Baby Name Voyager

Ok you Business Intelligence geeks out there; my brothers and sisters of the data presentation world; my peeps;
Take a look at the Baby Name Voyager
A data visualized representation of a century of baby name trends. I learned my name 'Laura' peaked in 1967 in Iowa, of all places. By clicking on a name of interest, you can get all sorts of nuggets of knowledge. While the visualization itself is a bit of a colorful eye sore (grey scale with a muted red for the selected name would have been my preference, ala Stephen Few style, I have to say the visualization is awful creative! Check it out and share your comments at :

http://scorecardstreet.spaces.live.com

-Laura Edell, dashboard design diva

in reference to: Martin Wattenberg: Name Voyager (view on Google Sidewiki)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home